View Single Post
Kind of Blue

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driven97 View Post
Manuals are on their way out. The day autos surpassed them on fuel economy was the day they died.

I think a better question is if sports cars will still exist on a new level in 20 years.

Tesla are kinda hacks when it comes to building cars. However the Model 3 Performance, which is the sporty version of their cheapest sedan, has performance beyond most sports cars today, and on par with supercars from only a few years ago. Why would you need a sports car when you can get all the performance with none of the drawbacks?

We're all going to be driving around in electric 7 passenger crossovers that can blow a Carrera GT out of the water for a decade or two until the driver gets removed completely.

By then owning a car that you can actually drive yourself will be comparable to owning a horse today.
Having owned my Model 3 Performance for a few months now, I am convinced that these cars are going to be detuned in coming generations. It's not just fast, it's violently fast, and without any of the lag of waiting for air and fuel to get into a combustion chamber, downshift, and selecting the proper gearing fast.

Once people get over their unfounded range anxiety, they're going to realize that EVs are superior to internal combustion engines for the majority of applications.
1973 Ford F100 4x4 Short Bed

Last edited by MrBonus; 10-01-2019 at 06:54 AM..
Old 10-01-2019, 06:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)