View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarwood View Post
Yes, stick is basically obsolete now. PDK is superior in every way.
Some people will insist they want to start their car with a hand crank, but they also died off.
Once this last generation dies off, car makers will have no reason to waste manufacturing efforts of selling 1% of their cars with a stick.
I don't think there is any question that manual trans cars will not be offered on a large scale from manufacturers. That ship has already sailed with many already no longer offering manual trans cars.

There is still a huge following of brass era cars. I know a lot of people that also have cars with cable driven brakes as their weekend hobby/toy. Some are in their 40's. The question isn't whether people will buy new cars with manual trans but whether people will still have interest in these older cars with manual trans. Currently there are a lot of people that want to row gears. I can't tell you how many I know purchased 718's with PDK only to trade them in for a GT4's with a manual box. Irrespective of which was faster/better etc. they didn't like the turbo 4 and or the PDK. Nothing interactive about those cars and that is what the sports car feel is all about to many. Will that change in the future is the ??
Old 10-08-2019, 06:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)