View Single Post
SEVENT9

Garage
BACK-DATED HEAT Smell Question

Hi everyone,

It's been a while since I posted her after a busy summer but new project on the car are pressing and I am timing some things of the never-ending list. Something that has been bothering me for a while that I keep meaning to ask you fine folks about here is that ever since doing my heater back-date if I do decide to use the heat (by raising the 2 red levers by the handbrake) while we do get nice and toasty there is a pretty ugly smell of exhaust fumes. We are leaking a little oil due to a disconnected breather hose which needs fixing but the smell is more exhaust than the oil burn off and, aside from this, I wondered if anyone else who has done a heater back-date has experienced anything similar.

Is this normal and what is your experience with this? I do intend to switch to SSIs in the next 12 months but it will be a while before this expense is one I can justify so until then it would be nice to know what I might be dealing with here.

My thanks in advance!

Dan
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911-technical-forum/1000359-79-outlaw-build-thread.html
Old 10-16-2019, 09:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)