View Single Post

Garage
How much, how hard? Standard BTR motor to BTR III

For any of Y'all with Ruf knowledge, I've been brainstorming about how to possibly get a BTR motor converted to a Motoronic, twin injector BTR III without going directly to Ruf with the question. I'm just afraid to ask due to the eye watering price I believe they will give me. Certainly I don't have the cash for that at the moment. I want it to be original Ruf parts like my previous BTR III motor which I foolishly let go of 20 years ago.

The upside on HP is 408 vs 374. It may not be worth it in any regard considering the cost that could go with it. The effort may lead me nowhere. Finding the parts would be the hard part used. The chip I would have to go to Ruf for, unless someone had one used. I still have my original Ruf BTR III ecu but it is damaged and unusable. I could ask Ruf to replace it, but I don't have anything else left from the original. I would need fuel rails, injectors 12, engine harness, sensors, fuel pumps (plural), and to be honest, I'm not sure what else! Intake manifold?

Thanks to anyone with any insights or advice. I'm trying to get my car back to original state, as it was when I first got it. I'm not thinking of other build options.

bernie
Old 10-19-2019, 02:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)