View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Monson View Post
For some people itís not done until itís over done. Iím not that guy. I would just rebuild it as ďstockĒ and enjoy the car.
I believe you are right on Matt. So many times on other cars I went overboard trying to make it best. It takes more time, sometimes it takes too much time, never gets finished! Life is short they say. That's not as funny as it sounds, rather it's quite true! Just last week I stopped in to see an ol' friend who has a Porsche repair shop. I always keep him abreast on what's up, what I'm doing or planning to do. He joked with me saying -- your going to be an old geyser by the time you finish this one out! I'll by 57 on 11/3. He's about right, and joke well taken. He was around 20 years ago and knows my history with this car.

Stock you say? Original was BTR III twin plug. the engine I'm getting is stock BTR, difference of 34 Horsepower. I would be happy with less HP, just thinking original BTR III might raise the value a bit when it comes time to sell. One day I will have to even if I enjoy building it and/or driving it. Moreover, the 6 speed R 50-50 BTR/CTR might whine, saying where's my twin plug motronic mate? You've abandoned me!

hard call,

bernie
Old 10-21-2019, 07:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)