View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911heaven View Post
For any of Y'all with Ruf knowledge, I've been brainstorming about how to possibly get a BTR motor converted to a Motoronic, twin injector BTR III without going directly to Ruf with the question. I'm just afraid to ask due to the eye watering price I believe they will give me. Certainly I don't have the cash for that at the moment. I want it to be original Ruf parts like my previous BTR III motor which I foolishly let go of 20 years ago.

The upside on HP is 408 vs 374. It may not be worth it in any regard considering the cost that could go with it. The effort may lead me nowhere. Finding the parts would be the hard part used. The chip I would have to go to Ruf for, unless someone had one used. I still have my original Ruf BTR III ecu but it is damaged and unusable. I could ask Ruf to replace it, but I don't have anything else left from the original. I would need fuel rails, injectors 12, engine harness, sensors, fuel pumps (plural), and to be honest, I'm not sure what else! Intake manifold?

Thanks to anyone with any insights or advice. I'm trying to get my car back to original state, as it was when I first got it. I'm not thinking of other build options.

bernie
So you're right.. most of the parts that you're wanting are old news/old skool so if you could get RUF to manufacture any of what you're wanting.. yes the cost will be eye-watering to say the least. The likely hood of you finding those pieces or event the BTRIII motor pretty much fall into the same category.

On the other hand, some of those components aren't exactly rocket-science. The dual injector manifold can be made.. just as RUF did by machining and welding in an extra set of injector bosses, the harness for this shouldn't be difficult to make either.. as far as the ECU.. you could play with that Motronic and see what you get as there are a number of folks around that can burn custom chips to meet your needs although working with someone with a dyno would be wise. On the other hand you can purchase any number of stand-alone ecu's and do your thing.. The RUF stuff is neat but now very costly old technology!
RGruppe #180
So many cars.. so little time!!
Old 10-22-2019, 05:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)