View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by spuggy View Post
This does seem like the obvious way to go, if Ruf will play and importing the motor to Japan after conversion won't cause you any issues.

Otherwise, technology has moved on - for example, modern injectors have better atomization & flow rates that make dual injector setups unnecessary, while still giving perfectly acceptable idle, coil-on-plug delivers more power at the spark, modern stand-alones are far more capable than period Motronic etc.

So I guess it comes down to how much/whether you want the extra power and how much originality matters versus tasteful modernizations/updates that work better...
Thank you spuggy for great insights! What I keep getting is that newer tech is better, more convenient and perhaps cheaper too? The reason I'm leaning old skool Ruf tech is only about vintage and possible salability in the future, when that time comes. I'll try to stick with this course even at less performance until I may give up due to difficulty.

I have to thank you too for your good advice months ago on my tech forum thread about chassis loom. I still need to work that one out too as per vintage. You had a lot of good things to say even then. First priority is to work out the engine though. This is the issue at hand, and the most vital for sure.

regards,
bernie
Old 10-28-2019, 04:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)