View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Monson View Post
Pmax would accuse us of caveman syndrome. I just see it as respect for our cars’ history. There’s a difference between molesting a random 930 and reworking a Ruf. If building hot rods is one’s thing then sell the ruf and buy a project to finish.
This idea may have been misunderstood, or I wasn't clear. I don't know for sure. To clarify, and conversely, what I would like to do, if it were possible, my plan is go back to BTR III twin injector motronic system which is what I dismantled from the car 20 years ago. I don't have it anymore, foolishly let that engine go and all to do with it (still have the 6 speed R 50-50 transmission). So it's not veering away from stock Ruf on this car, rather trying to come back to it i.e. BTR III. The motor I'm acquiring isn't BTR III, rather standard BTR and single injector, non-motronic @ 374 hp. It is authentic BTR 3.4, Ruf stamped case. Even the engine no. is 63K (89), which my former engine had. That 63K is written on my title, so it fits very nicely. It isn't BTR III motronic however.

Still I'm quite intrigued and thankful for all the input here by everyone who is posting or has posted. There are great nuggets, helpful direction in all of these posts, so a big thanks to all! I still need to do some follow up on advice I've already been given. Takes time to do that with work schedule and time zones. I'll try to get there eventually, go slow too so as not to make many mistakes. Guys on the engine forum have also chimed in on my similar thread there, thanks to advice from M2 that I should list there.

bernie
Old 10-31-2019, 03:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)