View Single Post
Leadfoot Geezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
Cool thread. Is it still possible to drive one today...
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH85Carrera View Post
...no AC or fans for ventilation, so crappy heat, and pitiful air flow if you are not moving. And 100 degree air blowing from the vent window is like having a hair dryer blowing on you...
Yes, all very true...but here on the west coast, it's easier to enjoy old cars like these year around
I once drove a '62 Beetle coast-to-coast, and while I wouldn't think of doing that again, I do drive both my old VWs locally quite a bit. Even with having a bit more HP to help deal with modern traffic, I usually limit my trips with them to around 50 miles from home and always carry tools and spares.

Quote:
Can you really still find decent cars out west?
Yes, but finding the right one can take some time...they're nowhere near as plentiful as they once were. And unless you have good welding and metalworking skills, sourcing a car from the west or southwest would certainly be something to consider. All the mechanical stuff is easy, with parts of varying quality readily available from the aftermarket.

Last edited by rcooled; 12-21-2019 at 02:54 PM..
Old 12-21-2019, 02:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #70 (permalink)