View Single Post
Schleprock

I'd bet that the banana arm rubber bushes are just as bad or worse off than the spring plate bushings. That's how mine were/are. I didn't do my bananas because the motor and trans are in the way on G50 cars. They look kinda bad too. The rubber is splitting everywhere (looks like tree bark), so they're probably a little sloppy compared to new.

Good thing you have an SC so you don't need to remove the drivetrain! I didn't have the space or equipment to take the drivetrain out at the time. Anyway, arm has to come off so you can heat the arm a bit and drive out the old bushes.

Rear wheel bearings are sealed units and are traditionally much longer-lived than those like the front. I wouldn't bother with them, but that's just me.

Brake bleeding isn't anything too hectic in this case. Just depress and hold the pedal in place with a piece of wood. A few pumps upon reinstallation and they're bled just fine in no time?
Old 12-11-2003, 12:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)