View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavaBrewer View Post
The question is will these cars be desireable enough to warrant a full engine rebuild once that point in time arrives. I believe many of these that suffered IMS issues were simply scrapped as the cost of a new motor was > than the value of the car. IMO the 996 does just about everything better than the air cooled cars - except build a fanatical following.
I'd say absolutely they will. Look at other Porsche vehicles that have been seen as the red headed step child of the Porsche family that people confidently stated would never be worth anything. For the longest time the 964 was seen as worthless. The 914 was shunned by many up until 10 years ago. How long have 928's been $10K cars? All these are on the upswing. Due to numbers the early 996 cars will never have the cachet of lower volume models, but there are already those who praise the purity of the early 996 cars compared to the newer (more) bloated designs.

I've got a copy of GrassrootsMotorsports magazine at home from I think 2005 that was looking at 'Budget Porsche's' They had driver quality base long hood cars in there for under $10K.
Old 01-14-2020, 11:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)