View Single Post

Still think you only need a boosted MC -- If I got in my '86 Carrera now, immediately drove it to 30mph and slammed on the (still stone cold) brakes, I'd lock up my front wheels immediately and be backing off to modulate. You should be able to do exactly the same thing with stock calipers/disks -and your limitation appears to be stemming from a lack of vacuum assist. While 930 calipers and a 930=compatible master cylinder will get you to the same place, the primary benefit of 930 calipers and disks (yes, yo will need to change disks too -- this gets $$$$) is fade resistance.

Recommending a specific MC for your application and retrofitting vacuum assist to your early SWB car is beyond my (very limited) scope of knowledge -- but others should be able to easily chime in -- and get your desired result (increased stopping power, not increased fade resistance) for a lot less $$$$ than a 930 brake retrofit
Old 01-14-2020, 02:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)