View Single Post
Registered

I took a pause on the build the next few weeks because we were back to working on the house.

We had our house tented for termites (which is a common thing in socal) so that we could fix any wood damage, prep for paint, and then paint the whole house.

Mine and my wife's dads came into town to help us out. it was 8 long, tiresome, but ultimately really rewarding days.

Went from Tan/Brown:

To Blue/Grey:

We're planning to either paint the garage door the same color as the trim or replace the door with an aluminum/glass version.

Back of the garage:

I also decided to start working on bodywork. Starting with the complicated dent on the driver fender and then working around the car.

First tried a hammer and dolly. That may work if I had removed this fender from the car but there isn't enough room to swing the hammer and this steel is THICK!

After that first attempt I decide to weld on studs and use a slide hammer/puller. The results have been much better:

And then onto the dent on the roof so I can paint it and get a windshield installed:

I also ordered some 1.8t ignition coils. You can see that they're about half an inch shorter.

Makes a huge difference mounted in the spark plug holes:

All these updates bring the thread current. My plan is to finish the bodywork, respray the whole car, install glass, finish the wiring harness, and then break the engine in and shake down that whole part of the car. After that, full interior and I'll consider this phase "done" for now.
Old 03-15-2020, 01:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #58 (permalink)