View Single Post
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCoupe View Post
One suggestion on the battery drain is to check your door dome light switches. After you have turned the car off at the end of a journey, the power windows and seats stay active until a door is opened and the light switches on (at least in my 86 - I don't know about earlier models.) One of my door switches hangs up in cold weather, and if I don't open the other door, or remember to pull the switch out with my fingers, the battery drains much quicker than when the light comes on when leaving the car. I have a 7 year old battery, and it's good for three week naps between drives, unless I was forgetful about the dome light. Soon, I'll pull the switch out and fix it, but at least I know the source of my problem.
^This^--easy first step to check/rule out --

Re your other questions

1) don't believe the DME relay's activated until the ignition's switched on, so (unless I'm wrong) don't see how the relay could cause the battery to drain

2) no clue what the red wire goes to, but should be easy to re-terminate and crimp back on -- here's a link to a kit that looks like it'll have what you need - see https://www.amazon.com/120-Wirefy-Heat-Shrink-Connector/dp/B01N1WWR7E/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=crimp+connector+round+end&qid=1586616710&sr=8-3

any idea how old your battery is? Given that it won't take a charge, it could have simply failed. Regardless, sounds like it needs replacement -- recommend you consider downsizing to a Group 48 battery and getting an AGM style battery -- see Need a new Battery for my 911

let us know what you find out.

Last edited by darrin; 04-11-2020 at 06:57 AM..
Old 04-11-2020, 06:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)