View Single Post
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathant View Post
If/when I need to replace my windshield I intend to replace with one of these: https://www.heatedwindscreen.com/acatalog/porsche-911-heated-clear-windscreen.html

I'm liking the idea of a fog-free windscreen even when the hvac is off (or acting up).
That's cool! Didn't know it was a thing.

I placed a very random order at Summit last night. More wiring supplies, IAT sensor, fueling supplies, and some vacuum hose. All in all, it should be most of what I need to get the car started sometime in the next few weeks.

Speaking of startup, one of the things I have yet to purchase is oil. I've read several threads and everyone has their own thoughts and there doesn't seem to be one suggested path. The exception is what's in Wayne's book, where he recommends using conventional 20w-50. Is that 20 year old wisdom still prevalent today?

The only minor update I have today in terms of pics, is that I installed a door panel! I probably shouldn't be surprised but after all the elbow grease that's been put into cleaning this interior, it looks amazing. I love the tan/black contrast.

Old 04-23-2020, 07:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #82 (permalink)