View Single Post
Administrator

Yeah, if you're looking to replicate an actual historical model, then you're wise to stick to one that doesn't require crazy amounts of cash.

In my case, correctness only came into play if the Porsche designers and I happened to agree on something, more or less by chance. Usually, we don't. I chose the 911R lights partly for weight, but partly for the way they look on a widebody. Were they ever used on an RSR? Nope -- not that I've ever seen. But I like they way they make the wide rear look just a little bit wider.

My original goal was just to take the elements I liked from all the 911's, and put them together in one car. My car is 'incorrect,' right on down to the license plate, which flaunts it with "1972 RSR," a year when (surprise!) the RSR did not exist in any way, shape or form.

To each his own, of course.

But even if you weren't focusing on matching an actual historical vehicle, you've made something that is visually (and conceptually) pretty dazzling.

Way to go.
Old 12-20-2003, 10:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)