View Single Post
Nobody

Garage
great picture ernie - please send me the rest of them.

the hood badge came from msroad and race. the pic doesn't show the brushed finish but i think it's rather nice. it doesn't have the 2 pegs like the stock badge so i used 3m double-sided adhesive. i really don't know where it's from. it's the exact size shape of the stock badge. it did require a little bit of persuasive contouring.

the car came in at 2204# (half gas and spare included) a couple years and a lot of mods ago during the corner balance. from what i remember the following items were deleted/substituted: seats, door panels, rear seats, stereo/speakers, rubber floormats, etc. i don't know what it weighs now. i will be remving the undercoating, carpet, interior insulation, engine sound pad next. luckily i am built like a heroin addict at 145#. i figure on getting it around the same weight as the car (68 911 built by emory) MarkP use to own - 1998#. btw, that is one of my favorites.

random weights from the top of my head: the R 1810# and the RS 1985 #. those are some great #s to shoot for but probably unrealistic.

john thornton's 912R is some outrageously low weight - under 1750#? whew! another one of my favorites.

and again - thanks guys for the comments. i was expecting to take a few jabs for straying away from the path of "original". actually - i don't mind taking a few body shots. throw 'em if you got 'em.
Old 12-21-2003, 10:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #56 (permalink)