View Single Post
77 Restorer

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwest View Post
Hi Bert,

Not sure on the wiring, but even though it doesn’t have a rocker, it does- light itself has 3 positions: on, off and door open on.

So likely one brown is always to ground and the other goes through the door pin switch.

Hook it back up and then pivot the light and you’ll probably figure it all out.

Rutager
Thanks Rutager. I didn't realize the light is a rocker. So I attached the black wire to the switch, the door pin ground to the other end, and rocked it fore: light! Center seems to be off.
I attached the other brown wire ground to the other spade, which appears to be a ground on the light itself - rocked the light back and forth to the three positions - unfortunately, no joy for constant light. I exchanged the ground wires, and did get a constant light. I can live with that, but in my simplistic mind, since that lights up the light when connected to the light with constant power, when I hook up the constant ground to the ground of the light itself, should I not get a constant light?
Nonetheless, thanks again. At least I have an on/off switch and a entry light.

Bert
Old 06-07-2020, 09:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)