View Single Post
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCLi View Post
Thanks - that makes sense. I've confirmed the middle position is off, rock fore (on a relative basis) is door pin ground, and the other brown wire must be ground to the roof. Connecting the ground to the lamp end spade I could get a constant light, but not when I connected it to the light ground on the black frame). I guess the dumb question would be whether the lamp frame needs to touch metal on the roof? In my car, it has been covered with the covering of the b pillar.

Thanks again for the help. Much appreciated.

Bert
No, the light frame should not ground to the roof -- in fact, it needs to be isolated from the roof, as it's always getting power from the always on positive (but is disconnected from both potential grounds in the center position) -- the door pin "ground" completes the circuit only when the door's open (causing the door pin switch to complete grout) and turns the light on when shifted to one side -- the light's always on when switched to the other side (causing the always hot ground wire to complete the circuit) -- might want to check the action of the switch with a voltmeter to confirm that both of its circuits work
Old 06-07-2020, 10:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)