View Single Post
Scottsdale Arizona USA

Garage
Well if you are coverting the 1987 911 (shown in your tag) to turbo, then equipped with the G50.01 transaxle. My favorite option is a KEP Stage 1 which features an aluminum pressure plate cover. This will save some weight and pedal will be easy as it is hydraulic slave actuation. Excellent, very durable clutch and matched with stock or KEP 930/G50 sprung hub disc.

If 1978-88 930 4 Speed trans (deep bell housing) is used, the best clutch I would suggest is the Centerforce DF255255 with the MODE adapters. This is a very durable, lightweight (~54% weight reduction) and easy pedal clutch. It is a reworked Sachs 76 911 Turbo clutch (low profile alum). The next option is the Sachs RE "Ruf 5 Speed" performance clutch and disc with little stiffer pedal but will hold ~650ft lbs tq. Also requires MODE adapters.

Next option for 930 78-88 is the Centerforce DF252252 which is a reworked stock OEM Sach clutch. It features original cast iron heavy. The "rework" involves some tech that makes the clutch easier to operate and higher clamplaod.

Next for 930 a KEP Stage I aluminum. Pedal will be little stiffer than stock but reduced mass due to alum pp cover.

+++
G50 KEP Stage 1 with 911 3.2L flywheel. Notice DME trigger teeth and stepped refister on flywheel to pp interfaces.

+++

Centerforce DF255255 : Low profile lightweight = excellent performance option.

+++

Sachs Ruf 5 Speed, ultimate clutch for RS, Autox or 500+hp street.

+++

Centerforce DF252252 clutch cover reworked Sachs cast iron. Heavy duty with easy pedal.

+++

KEP 930 Stage 1 Alum.

Old 06-20-2020, 10:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)