View Single Post
Author of "101 Projects"

Hi there. I think you're reading into it a bit too much - it's not finished quite yet, but some good comments nonetheless:

Quote:
Originally posted by nostatic
logo in top left visually interferes with the tabs. Either run the text along the top or move something
I'm not exactly sure what you mean, can you explain what you mean further?

Quote:
too many blues. There appear to be about 5 or 6 shades of blue on the page. What is especially annoying is the light blue solid box at the bottom left...it is out of place with the boxes above being outlines. Cut down to maybe three shades of blue, and a gray, dark green, or dark red if you need contrast.
The Community box is cut-and-pasted from DriveWerks - I haven't worked on finalizing that quite yet - that blue is only temporary.

Quote:
Where do the "back" and "next" text/icons take you? It isn't clear to me. If the back icon is mimicing the back button on the browser, then lose it. It just will confuse people. Most people use the back button for navigation anyway.
My highly paid experts disagree with that one - the back button is very important to a lot of people, as it doesn't echo the browser back button (all the time). It goes to the previous page, or the big catalog page. The next button will go to the next catalog page in the section. Granted, this does not work exactly the same as other sites, but we're not selling the same product in the same format. I have not been able to find another site that sells in this format (most don't have listings like we have).

Quote:
The quick link concept is confusing...you're on page three of the section, yet the quick links are showing pages 1, 2, and 3. Why? Seems to me the quick links should be major links for the section (since that is how you're breaking out your catalog). ie "bearing sets" "rods" "pistons" etc. And lose the page designations there...the user doesn't car what page it's on...they just want to get there.
This is just a concept page - the designations don't work, nor are they actually organized on this page. The Quick Links work exactly the same way they work in the current catalog

Quote:
"search our site" needs to be a single line, like the rest of the elements on the right side. Also the "go" button needs to be properly aligned with the text field.
It should be - but I just noticed on really small monitors, there's a chance it might not be. I have fixed this...

Quote:
There needs to be space between the community box (which should be square, like the above box, and not solid) and the footer graphic. Same issues with the footer graphic (search text one line only).
This will be fixed. Thanks!

-Wayne
Old 12-26-2003, 10:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)