View Single Post
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by Wayne at Pelican Parts
Incorporating many of your suggestions (including a bunch of yours Nostatic), I have revised the page:

http://www.pelicanparts.net/DriveWerks4.htm

-Wayne
Well, I like having less blues, it looks much less busy. But this one doesn't scale sideways as I change browser size...imho much worse than #3. The table size seems to say 100%, but there must be something keeping it from shrinking below 1024 (I didn't feel like wading through all your code...not getting paid enough).

The blue community block is rounded next to the squared off quick links section. I think that looks weird. And it is solid blue and rounded on all sides, unlike every other element on the page. I would square it off on all sides, and also square off the tope of the quick links box.

The "Community" header should lose the drop shadow. It looks out of place with all the other clean graphic text on the page. Same thing with Quick Links (and why have the teal blox behind it?). I'd change them both to no drop shadow and lose the backing box.

The page 1 and page 2 in the quick links are too dark against the med/dark blue

I assume you'll be calling an external style sheet on the actual pages?

hey, you asked for suggestions...
Old 12-27-2003, 07:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)