View Single Post
Registered

Garage
I scrubbed parts that I'm transferring from my seized motor to my replacement. Am going for clean, not refinished, but got generally good results.

Then I spilled a goodly amount of old engine oil and had to clean it up before I had a superfund situation. It was nasty and I was highly irritated with myself.

Realized the original/dead engine has the tubular headers but my replacement came with cast items; this was new to me so I looked up the differences. While the tubular look nicer to my eye and weigh less, it appears the collected wisdom is that the cast set will cause me less trouble in the future.

Took pleasant road trip with my wife up around Northampton and Amherst, Massachusetts and stopped to look at Westfield ADB, aka Barnes Airport where a Mass ANG squadron flies F15's which I often see over my home, 40 or so miles away. No F15's flying today but saw their gate guard A10 and two other planes on static display, an F86 Sabre and an F84 Thunderstreak, albeit the other side of the big Keep Out fence. Also saw one 944 moldering in a gas station but didn't stop to examine ... also exercised self-discipline to not stop and look at a Vanagon .... and later, an 88" Land Rover SIIA. If I brought home all the project vehicles I'd like to save, I'd be ... single, lonely, demented, broke, a hoarder.
82 911SC coupe, 3 seasons near-daily use; 87 924S, project ... see my thread http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-924-944-968-technical-forum/1046846-johnjs-87-924s-rehabilitation.html Past: 6x Alfas; 01 V70 2.4T; 95 Accord CD555; 89 944S2; 89 FJ62 Landcruiser; 82 Celica; 77 CJ5; 74 Beetle; 67 TR4A; 62 Midget; ?Year Lambretta Li 150 (my brother's actually); 76 Fiat 126 (Mum's); ?Year Isetta 300 (Dad's)
Old 07-05-2020, 06:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3361 (permalink)