View Single Post
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamaro View Post
I'm now shopping for a good clutch that would hold good for 10 psi of boost and still street friendly, do you think the stock Sachs clutch and PP can hold for that power? or do I need to step up to something like Centerforce or Spec?, speaking of both, I kept reading not so great opinions on Spec clutches being not so street friendly and hard on the leg, but I have not hear anything about Centerforce. I'm looking for some feedback from guys running them on 930s. Thanks!
A new stock G50 should hold, for a while. It is an iron clutch plate, so heavy.
Just say "no" to Spec.
Centerforce would be an option for more clamping torque. They are modifying new Sachs clutches.
KEP Stage-1 would hold for sure, and being aluminum it is lighter weight. Downsides:
* They don't always fit into the flywheel correctly, shaving off aluminum as they are torqued down. Not cool. No fun trying to measure all the way around whether it's truly 100% seated (and if it isn't, then uneven clamping, warping parts...)
* Pedal effort -- much more than stock. Getting caught in stop-and-go traffic sucks. KEP Stage-2 is the worst.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTN930 View Post
Liking the advice on this thread. I'm in a similar situation where the stock clutch won't hold any longer so it needs to be replaced. Heavily modified 930 3.3L, twin plug, beefed up K27 and runs well at 1.4 - 1.5 bar of boost. Looking for something that'll hold w/o slipping.

What do the experts say? BTW - don't track or race... just like to accelerate a bit from time to time.
I think we talked about this on the phone 2-3 days ago?
Again, skip the Spec stuff.
A low-profile aluminum Centerforce is an option, but this is basically a 1976-77 aluminum clutch (now pricey) with a re-worked disc, we don't see it as a great value. And in our experience, if you slip the clutch once, the disc glazes over and never grips properly again. No bueno.
KEP -- same issues as their G50 version above.
For up to 475wtq, the Sachs "Ruf" clutch is the best way to go. Sport disc, MODE aluminum spacer + stainless release bearing extension. Reliable, only had 2 bad ones in 26 years. Pedal effort as easy as an all-stock clutch, and it's lightweight aluminum and saves about 13lb.

email: info@turbokraft.com
http://www.facebook.com/TurboKraft - http://www.instagram.com/TurboKraft
Old 07-09-2020, 02:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)