View Single Post

Quote:
Originally posted by ttweed
Don't even open the can. Drill two 1/8" holes in the top opposite each other after shaking the can to mix thoroughly. Pour out what you are going to use in a separate container thru one of the holes (the other is the vent hole). Wipe the top clean and take two self-tapping sheetmetal screws of the proper size and put a rubber faucet washer on them, then screw them into the holes you drilled. Put the can into the refrigerator until the next time you need it. It will last amazingly well this way.

TT
ps- like with heating up parts in the kitchen stove, your "significant other" may have different ideas about the proper use of home appliances than you do. Store in the refrig at your own risk, unless you have the separate one in the garage for beer already...
That's a really good idea. But I would really shake it alot. Be great if you had one of the shakers they use at the paint stores. It may be hard to get it fully mixed.

I wasted about 1/2 of the last quart I had. Each time I used then resealed it, it skinned over and became crusty. After awhile it was so crusty that I just tossed it.
Old 12-28-2003, 08:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)