View Single Post
Registered

Garage
Ned I can’t help you with the measurements even though I did this two weeks ago, sorry. My front spoiler rubber lip was touching the garage floor to remove my engine with the bumper on but intercooler and air box off.

What I will tell you is removing the intercooler is highly advised and probably mandatory. My turbo up-pipe exits from the turbo and then kicks back towards the rear of the car, meaning the rear of the intercooler is rearward beyond the car’s sheet metal where the engine seal goes. In other words, you couldn’t go straight up with it installed. Perhaps if you slid the trans shaft waaay in the tunnel to go forward, and then come back with the whole thing after the intercooler is above the rear shelf maybe it would work. For the xx minutes it takes to r&r the intercooler and air cleaner, you couldn’t pay me to try to do it with them on. And of course the car has to be even higher than usual to try.
Also, access to the rear harness connector, fuel lines, WUR for pre-start fuel pressure checks, and mailbox breather hoses is vastly made easier with them off.

Last edited by gsxrken; 07-23-2020 at 09:20 AM..
Old 07-23-2020, 09:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)