View Single Post
Virginia Rocks!

2003/04 Fads that will look old in 2014??

I just got back from the new car show. Ok actually I just got back from driving my car after going to the car show, I just had to take it out.

I was surprised at how many new cars had that carbon fiber stuff on the dash or outside somewhere. Even nice cars. The BMW 545 had it all over the dash. I found that the AMG Mecedes as well as a Ferrari 360had a carbon fiber spoiler thing attached under the front or read bumper, respectively. This was attached with some sort of cable hardware (what the hell is that for anyway??)

Got me thinking. My 20 year old 911 looks timeless inside, but if you look at a smiliar vintage 944 or 928 inside, they seem dated, but there's nothing specific I can put my finger on...

I noticed that the 996's at the show were locked up, but seemed to have some piping in the seats and color keyed paint on the column. Is this stuff going to look dated in 10 years? What do you think? What other things will look old? (I also noticed a lot of analog clocks - it's nice to see that, classy)
Old 12-31-2003, 01:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)