View Single Post

Porsche Crest

Personally-
I got my car running and am driving it today, thanks to a lot of help from the guys (and gals) on this board; some of whom I bought parts from, got advise from, and even a couple who simply sent me stuff without asking for compensation!
(Karma and respect has me doing the same for others!)

Wayne and Co. (Pelican) supplied almost all the new parts I needed quickly and competitively priced.

1) I installed a recently rebuilt 2.7S in place of my old 2.0 liter T engine. Nice deal on engine from 'K9Handler'. (110HP to 185HP!)
2) Had my 901 rebuilt ($$$$) and I installed it with new clutch parts.
3) Rebuilt my starter, both carbs, pedal cluster, and shifter linkage adapter.
4) Repacked my front wheel bearings, got my rear bearings replaced, and painted my engine fan and housing while the alternator was out for inspection.
5) Replaced my gas tank front support and replaced the suspension bushings up there too with firmer sports style ones.
6) Gutted the interior then replaced and fixed the rust issues underneath, then reinstalled interior.
7) Replaced clutch cable, heat control cable, and lubed the other ones that were still there.
8) Went from stock tiny steel rims to my nice wide cookie cutters.

It's been a very productive year for my car and me!

1986 Corvette
Old 12-31-2003, 02:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)