View Single Post

914 idle problem - any ideas?

Hey Guys:

Happy New Year!!
I finally got some time tonight to work on the 914.
Someone suggested I post a .wav file to better describe what my car is doing, so here it is (2 mins.). I hope this works!
I'm hoping that you guys have heard this before on your cars and can point me in the right direction becuase I'm at a total loss right now.
You'll hear my car start right up and run (It's very loud because the muffler is off).
It'll "jump" at first, but it'll stop when I put my finger over the hole that is below the throttle opening, towards the back. This hole has a thick hose connected to it whose other end connects to the AAR. With this hole plugged, it's stops jumping for about 30 seconds, but idles high (about 2K). After 30 seconds (probably warmed up) it starts to jump again, with my finger still plugging the hole. When I remove my finger, it continues jumping, but gets much louder and jumps even more.
Any ideas?

Thanks a lot!
Andy...

P.S. I'm trying to get some free webspace to upload th 2.75MB file to... I'll repost when I get it. I was hoping maybe by my description maybe someone had an idea.
Old 01-01-2004, 07:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)