View Single Post
Get off my lawn!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIRS6 View Post
Personally, I would heed the advice of dwelle and darrin. Anyone can lose it at any time on any road at any speed if you mishandle a rear engine car, in particular in wet conditions. Take a nice long easy drive with your new (to you) car and your fiancée, and be safe.

One other 'take along' suggestion that I will make - buy a voltmeter with USB's that plugs into your cigarette lighter port so that you have a means to monitor voltage (and charge your phones). If your voltage were to drop abruptly while driving, it could mean that your fan belt has failed, which in turn means that your fan is no longer rotating to cool your engine.

Have fun!

Jason

What? In 25 years of driving my 911 I have never had the slightest fear of "loosing it" in the rain or any weather. I have had 18 wheelers decide they wanted my lane right now and I had a millisecond to decide to change lanes or avoid the crunch. I might have been in the right, but dead right does me no good. In over 40 states and Canada and thousands of miles of curvy roads my car is planted. I don't even try to push the limits on public roads.

Yea, the 76 911 Turbo was a handful because of the power that came on in an instant, and so many drivers wanted to impress a passenger.

Drive a 911 like a sane driver sharing the road and there will not be an issue. It is not a car on verge of disaster, ever. Except with gummy autocross tires in the rain, but that is the tires not the car.
1986 El Camino with Fuel Injected 350 Crate Engine
My Motto: I will never be too old to have a happy childhood!
Old 08-24-2020, 08:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #104 (permalink)