View Single Post
1979 911 SC

Garage
I appreciate everyones tales of caution and bravado re. cautious driving. Let me say this. For the most part I intend to take it easy on the drive home, mostly because I haven't driven a 911 for longer than the average test drive so until I feel confident I understand her, we'll have a bit of a gettin to know you time. That having been said, the soon to be Wifey plotted an awesome route that takes us on the Tripple Nickle in Ohio and down into the hills of West Virginia and into Georgia so I'm certain we will get it figured out by the time we hit the Florida state line.

I originally brought up the subject because everyone on this site refrences letting off of the gas going through a turn and it makes a lot of sense. It's not something you really need to worry about in a non rear engine car so the word of caution I received LIRS6 was appreciated, as was the tone of confidence from GH85carrera.

I don't know much but I know it will be a fun trip! Fingers crossed we make it without mechanical issues that sideline us. I know if we do one of the fabulous posters on this site may have some advice while we're on the road. Or the side of the road?
Old 08-24-2020, 10:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #107 (permalink)