View Single Post

Garage
Front rim bent Italian Cup Replica

Here's the deal. I have 7.5" and 9" by 17" Cup Replicas. I have been waiting to wear out my tires to get some nice polished Fuchs. I hit a pot hole a few weeks ago and apparently bent the front passenger side rim and possibly damaged the tie rod at the same time. It has a pretty bad wobble.
I'm replacing the Turbo Tie Rod kit and sway bar bushings and installing a bump steer kit.
I'm a little tight right now and wasn't in the mood for spending a bunch of money on the car at the moment but these items have to be addressed before I can get the car back on the road.
The cup wheels are heavy and not really all that structurally sound from what I understand. That being said is it dangerous to try and straighten out the wheel? I've been thinking no matter what I do I would like to have a set of 4 good wheels so I can sell them when I get the fuchs.
I'm going to need an alignment so I think I need to address it before she gets running again.

Am I best off just buying a new crappie cup rim or trying to have it straightened out?
Or... Buy the fuchs and sell the wheels as is? I don't think that last option will work out too well...
Old 01-01-2004, 10:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)