Thread: Brake problems.
View Single Post
Ever jump a Porsche?....

Ok,

THis is a slightly old thread, but it is always nice if you are running a search on this BBS to get answers to the problems originally posted. Sooooooo....

I replaced my rear bleeder valves and got a near immediate improvement in my pedal. At that point I was trying one thing at a time. I realize it seems like an obscure thing to do, but I just wanted to go on record as saying it made a significant improvement. My mechanic thought I was nuts when I said I was going to try it, yet he has mentioned he ran into the same problem recently with a customer, replaced the rear bleeder screws... it solved the problem.

I guess I am thinking that as corrosion builds to the bleeder screw threads you can't get the same snug fit as when new. )My bleeder screws were most likely the original ones from 1978). As a result you can suck a little bit of air back into your system when you let off the brake pedal.

Hopefully this will help someone else out one of these days.
Thinking of driving in TARGA NEWFOUNDLAND? Contact me and I can help answer your questions. The event is awesome!
Old 01-01-2004, 12:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)