View Single Post

Garage
Still having fuel delivery nightmare...Please help...

Hello again-

The car is a 1970t with Webers. I thought I had this thing licked and even got up early to go on the New Year's day rally out of TRE. Wrong! Works fine in town but as soon as I get on it hard on the freeway it runs out of fuel. If I take my foot out of it it refills the float bowls and works again. I am ready to buy parts but am not sure which ones.

The fuel pump humms when I turn on the key and it has flow if I pull off the hose in the engine bay. I pulled the fuel lines off under the front of car and all flows well. I don't think the tank is rusty.

It seems like the fuel pump overheats after a few miles and won't move enought fuel. Anyhow the pump has 3 hoses going to it. One in, one out to carbs, and one return. So far the pictures of the replacement pumps I have seen only show two lines. Does anyone know who sells a pump with the return line?

I would also like to replace or at least check out the fuel pump relay. I just do not know where it is. Is there one and if so where is it??

Happy new year-

Alex
Old 01-01-2004, 12:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)