View Single Post

Quote:
Originally posted by 89911
There is a left and right rotor. The rotor vents at the 12:00 position should be directed to the rear. Sort of like this for the left side:
(
)
As far as cracking, I know that zimmerman, who makes the oe rotors, has recently made cast perforated rotors for Carrera's. In the past, drilled ones were much less durable. Preformed cast rotors like my 930 rears came standard on turbos.
Thanks Chris and 89911!

I'm doing a Boxster conversion on my '67S. I did research the topic on the BBS by searching old posts and while I agree the X-drilled rotors may crack and fail on SC and Carreras, I might get away with murder on my light car. Besides, Katie only sees track duty about 4 times a year? Other times, she's my faithful daily.

And besides, I was due for major brake work anyway. The front left piston is seized. Car pulls to right on braking, so I figured I gotta spend money on new hardware, so I might as well get the Boxster brakes.

So, there is a left and right for the fronts. But I suppose the rears are universal? I'm doing a Boxster brake conversion and using SC rears. The holes seem to have no direction. As in, as far as my lousy eyes can tell, there's no direction for them.

Correct?

Sprint.

Last edited by SprintStar; 01-01-2004 at 02:37 PM..
Old 01-01-2004, 02:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)