View Single Post
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Z View Post
OK! We have a plan and thanks to all of my Pelican Parts brethren for the advice and wisdom. We are driving it home! Flying up from Florida to Toledo on the Saturday of Labor Day weekend and spending the next three days driving her home. The Fiance' will be right next to me and with any luck by the time we get home she will have a better understanding of what this all means.

The car is headed to Tab Tanner's ( same guy who did the PPI )shop, Autobahn Garage in Findlay Ohio tomorrow to get new tires (Michelin PS4's), wiper blades, new turn signal switch, belt and hose check and an investigation of the A/C to see if a recharge of the system might get us a couple of days of minor relief as we drive south. I don't want to do any more as I plan to try and install a Griffiths system when I get better acquainted with the car over the Florida cool season.

I will be armed with a few quarts of oil and a few hand tools, not that I would know what to do with them, and we will hit the road! Going to take a quick detour east to head south to catch Route 555 to enjoy some twistys and then through the hills of West Virginia, Kentucky,Tennessee and finally due south to the Sunshine State.

I'm thinking if we can keep our driving to 6-8 hours or so a day we can make it home on Monday hopefully without incident and with a new appreciation and familiarity for this wonderful air cooled machine. I'll post throughout the trip and thanks again to everyone for all of the great advice and encouragement. I look forward to bombarding you all with lot's of novice questions as I dig into keeping her in tip top shape and making her even better! Until the drive!
I can't imagine you'll be able to limit yourself to 6-8hrs of driving in a new (to you) 911. I still can't when the opportunity arrives...I can never get enough once in it. Good luck and safe trip!

Last edited by timc; 08-27-2020 at 12:16 PM..
Old 08-27-2020, 12:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #113 (permalink)