View Single Post
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Z View Post
Tim,

You may be right. The reasoning is two fold. One, until I have complete confidence that the car has zero issues I am going to take it easier on her. I don't want to push the car more than I have to until I get closer to home. Second, the fiance' who has been so supportive and encouraging does not realize that the big road trip she signed up for in the dead of August will be in a tiny little, loud and smelly car. No A/C will get old after a while. Additionally, we are looking forward to being out on an adventure and we are going to turn the 1,400 mile trip into a mini three day vacation!
If she loves you enough to want to marry you, you'll be fine My sweetheart went with me on a trip to West Virginia in June for a rally. Eight hours over to the start in SW PA, a day and a half of driving while there, and eight hours of interstate back, all in a, as you describe it, tiny little, loud and smelly car with no AC. She famously described it as "two and a half days of misery" but said she'd do it again.

Also, a forty year old car is never going to have zero issues - just zero serious ones if it's well cared for.
Old 08-28-2020, 05:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #118 (permalink)