View Single Post
Get off my lawn!

Garage
Yea, the dipstick on the 911 is different than most any other car. Check the oil only when at full operational temperature, on level ground while the car is idling for at least 60 seconds. You want it right in between the two marks. If it gets a little below the bottom mark and you are not on the track in hard corners don't worry at all, it has lots of oil left to get you home.

The dash oil level gauge can be helpful but you will have to learn to ignore it most of the time. It is only a guide for the level when you are at a stop, at idle. Any other time simply ignore it. You will learn to know from that gauge when to check the dipstick.

Much like the heater, fresh air and AC controls are just different than other cars. I don't know of any factory original cars that car run the fresh air, the heater and AC all at the same time, or one at a time or any combination of the three systems. They are completely independent systems.
1986 El Camino with Fuel Injected 350 Crate Engine
My Motto: I will never be too old to have a happy childhood!
Old 08-28-2020, 06:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #120 (permalink)