View Single Post
Registered

Thats my home made leak down tester. It works as good as anything you can buy.

I cringe at the thought of keeping a bike outside on the street but its new york so unless your Jerry Seinfeld, you're pretty much stuck with what you can afford to live in.

I did watch the Max R90S replica build. You shouldn't have any problem getting parts for a R65. If you ever need really specialized work like valve seats to be replaced I would use Ted Porter in San Jose.

Most shops can do the bottom end bearings but many new shops don't have a old tech who got into the business when airheads were being sold new. Max bmw isn't that far from you so you could use them.

I REALLY doubt you will ever need a bottom end done anyway. You can do your own clutch work, even outside if you have to.

Just do the normal maintenance. Change the fluids, check how old the tires are. Synch the carbs, check the timing.

to do the bottom end, you need to heat the block in an oven to install and remove the bearings.

Last edited by otto_kretschmer; 08-28-2020 at 08:09 AM..
Old 08-28-2020, 08:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #46 (permalink)