View Single Post
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by juanbenae View Post
what did it do chris? is it leaking, or not firing? i had an old gas one i thought was going bad because i would lite the pilot, it would fire and only heat for a couple minutes and it would shut down again. i did some research and found a youtube video of some funny plumber from the boston area that suggested blowing or vacuuming out the vent screen at the bottom of the unit. mine was completely caked with dust and dog hair from being in the garage leading it to being starved of combustion air.. i simply removed the igniter unit to access the screen blew the dust and hair out and vac'd under the thing and all be if that was the problem. worked like new again.

if you are experiencing the start up and shut down like i did you may consider this being the issue.
It was leaking underneath. Itís 16 years old though. I wanted to DIY it but my bro says no. Itís his house and his money. He couldíve saved a bunch.
Old 08-30-2020, 03:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)