View Single Post
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evans, Marv View Post
When I first looked at tankless water heaters, I decided on propane because the electric ones drew 160A each at full tilt. My main panel is only 200A, though we'd probably never hit the full 320A running both. The two I have deliver 6+ gpm and we use an average of .23 gal./day. (The tankless water heaters are the only gas appliances we have. The rest of the house is electric.) There is only me & the wife though.
You use propane to heat the house also?

I love tankless water heaters only if its a newly remodel home. I learned my lesson early on when these things came on the market. I put in the next biggest units available for the size specify by the mfg. Now, I install two little ones to run each side of the home. Its much more efficient eliminating re-circ pump and all the other PITA, costly items. Unless its a smaller home where one will do the trick, then we install re-circ pump and timer. Most people do not maintain them yearly and life shortens. Many are too cheap to install the scale filter, a very important item. They are great investments with endless hot water and a huge space saver. I run conventional water heaters in all my rentals. Change them out every 12 years. Good or bad, I send my workmen out and get rid of them to eliminate problems with whiny tenants. No electronics to go bad, it just works. I am ok with an electric cook top. I really like the new convention cook tops. Electric oven is far superior. Iknow these things but I do not cook. Can't cook. I may burn down my house if I boil water.
Old 08-30-2020, 10:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)