View Single Post
1979 911 SC

Garage
Thanks again everyone! We're super pumped. Shockingly she's just as excited about the adventure as I am. We have a great route planned with some spectacular curvy mountainous roads! It will be hard to temper my enthusiasm and keep the RPM's low but I am really going to try to take it easy on the old girl at least till we get closer to home. I'm sure will get up to the 5000 RPM mark at least a couple of times but I'll be as gentle as I can till we become acquainted. Here is our route home. If anyone wants to be available for advice on the way home, please feel free to PM me. If not, that's ok too. I plan to start a thread when we start our journey in case anyone is interested in following along. I really can't believe that a 20 year dream is about to come to fruition. It's a little surreal and I have to admit it has been a little hard to concentrate at work! Thanks again to everyone here that offered advice and encouragement. I will be pestering you all in the months to come as I can't wait to begin wrenching on her whenever the opportunity arises. I hope to go from having no clue to competency in the coming years. This is really happening!
Cheers!
Old 08-31-2020, 02:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #129 (permalink)