View Single Post
Diss Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarwood View Post
Going to 5k is not going to grenade the engine. If it does, the the engine was already shot, and will grenade anyway.
Exactly! I try to warm up my motor and hit red line every time I drive it. The 911 likes to be "used".

Tommy Z Looking at your route it looks like you are getting on the I-77 and running it all the way down to Columbia. Not sure if there are some specific places you have to hit but that is a bunch of driving straight. The 911 will cruise Interstate at least as good as any other car but the real joy of a road trip is less traveled roads.
I'd look at diverting so you spend less time on big flat slabs and more time in the country. The back roads are so much more adventure. If you pick a route between say, Huntington WV and Asheville NC you will get a bunch more beautiful country and less freeway. (That does get you in the area of the Tail of the Dragon but it is a little over hyped unless you want a really aerobic road.) There are a bunch of wonderful roads in that area that won't disappoint.

Also plan on checking in on your way south because there might be a lot of Pelican people along your path.

--
Wayne - 87 Carrera coupe -> The pooch.
Old 08-31-2020, 05:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #136 (permalink)