View Single Post
Super Moderator

Garage
Well wear on the outer edge only means that (obviously) the inner and middle section of tire are not touching the ground as well.

This is not likely to be a pressure issue, otherwise you'd see wear in both outer edges or the center...

Now... the best answer would likely be more camber, to even out the patch while cornering, but unfortunately most 911's can't get more than 1.5-1.75 degrees of camber in the rear. So, you may be able to add a little more pressure to cange the tread shape of your tire. I don't get good wear on my inner edge, but get even on the middle and outside this way. (I can't get more than 1.5 camber on the rear)

Your front camber is low... I would suggest trying a bit more.

Hot tire pressures are taken AS SOON AS POSSIBLE when coming off the track, same with temperatures! I will pull into the pit, jump out, check, then proceed to the paddock.

I would also look at toe in the rear. Excessive toe-in might also contribute to this. Did you re-align the car when lowering? If not, you may have changed everything.

2001 GT3 Cup - "Pepin"
1999 Spec Miata
1996 993 RS Replica
2010 Harley 48
2013 Honda 250 CRF
1971 Norton 750 Commando
Alcon Brake Kits
Old 01-02-2004, 08:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)