View Single Post
Registered

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by v2rocket_aka944 View Post

i've thrown away 3-4 of those wheels over the years because i thought they were ugly...lol...i couldve been rich!

i much prefer the 4-spoke non-airbag wheel.

this is a cool project!
Thank you man! Glad you stopped in to check it out.

Regarding the wheel, I was on the fence when I first sat in the car, but the chunky look of the 3-spoke has grown on me. It feels pretty good in the hands, too. That sucks that you tossed yours! Since it was a shared part (similar to the optional early 944 Recaro sport seats), we also share in the associated price hike for anything 911-related... call it the 911 tax. Meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie944 View Post
Was thinking about your wheels choice,Phone Dial look very nice on your car ,but since you mention Fuchs a close relatives of them will be Cookies Cutter with Polish lips & painted center will come close to Fuchs ,not certain if they did come in 16'' dimension .A members here did his way back & they look pretty good...see pic
Thanks Ernie, those would look great on the car. Anything with a black center and a polished lip does a 944 body good! For me, the 16's are a must, however. And something about the hard lines of the car, versus the soft look of the "tele's" just works for me. When I was a kid, My Uncle gave me one of those coffee table books, "Great Cars of the World"... in it was a beautiful 951 on phone dials. My subconscious muse for Portia, perhaps.
2005 BMW 330xi
2017 Subaru BRZ PP
Old 09-13-2020, 04:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #70 (permalink)