View Single Post
Registered

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazdaverx7 View Post
The car looks excellent out on the road! Has it been running and driving well for you? Do you notice any road feeling or handling improvements with the new wheels and tires?
Thanks man it feels great to get out there in it, even if it's short-lived. This week I'm going to get to work on the dash, so she'll be off the road until next month.

The car runs really well, overall. I hadn't driven on the old wheel/tire setup for nearly 3 months, and my other current drivers are the BRZ and Lexus, so my calibration is all over the map when it comes to steering response and feel right now. I'll put the old wheels back on the car at some point for a back-to-back comparison, but from what I remember the wheel has similar weighting and feel, with the main difference being limit feel and feedback, since the wider & lower-profile summer Continentals have so much more grip over those Bridgestone Ecopias. Good Q and I'll definitely revisit.

There are a few new blips, though. The sunroof switch has stopped working (well, half of it). Maybe cleaning the contacts will help, so that's to do. Frustratingly, going over big bumps, the hatch was releasing and popping up. I checked that the locks were engaging and releasing smoothly, good. Closed it 3 times on the road before finally realizing the driver's side pin was coming loose. So I ordered up some new pins and retainers. Then, because good things come in threes, I was cleaning the back window (especially the defroster lines), and knocked off the dang doo-dad:

Is this a ground? Assuming and hoping a bit of solder will fix this up?

As with most cars of a certain age, with driving and use come more scribbles on the white-board. The list was getting shorter, but now it's getting longer, again!
2005 BMW 330xi
2017 Subaru BRZ PP
Old 09-21-2020, 05:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #84 (permalink)