View Single Post
johnsjmc johnsjmc is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: London Ont Canada
Posts: 3,107
You can get a" zinc rich" weld through primer(spray bomb) .Then drill the flange on one side with about 5/16 holes to separate the old parts through the existing spot welds .You then fill the holes with weld to attach to the new part.I know it as plug welding.It looks like spot welds when done well. Body shops use the technique to replace individual members in a unitbody all the time. Apply undercoating and your pan can look as new.It looks much more correct than a full bead of weld if the parts were spot welded originally.
1980 911 SC 3.6 coupe sold
1995 993 coupe
1966 Mustang Shelby clone
1964 Corvair Spyder Turbo gone
2012 Boss 302
Old 01-04-2004, 04:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)