View Single Post
Registered

Questions from a MFI Newbie

Hi all,

So Iím new to the MFI world. Iíve been trying to read everything I can on these systems and have a few questions regarding Correlation and Measuring Exhaust Emissions in the Check Measure Adjust Manual.

Regarding correlation, Iíve saw the Porsche came out with a revised correlation process that does not require the protractors. Iíve also read Lee Riceís article regarding correlation as well. From what I can tell, the procedure is as follows:

After checking all the previous items in the CMA manual, one needs to synchronize the throttle plates by using a Synchrometer (or something similar). Remove linkages, set all the air bleed screws the same, read all six stacks with Synchrometer, adjust the air flow by adjusting the throttle plate screw until they are all pulling the same air. Set the push rod between the MFI and the throttle crossbar to 114mm +/- 2mm, then adjust and reconnect the remaining push rods between each of the throttle butterflies and then to the throttle crossbar without an increase in RPM that was set in the previous set using the Synchrometer. Does that sound about right?

Regarding the measurement of Exhaust Emissions, it appears that a protractor is needed for this step. One needs to use the protractor attached to the bellcrank on the MFI pump so that the throttle can be set to an opening angle of 7 degrees. Is there another way to do this?

Iíve also read that you donít really need an air-fuel gauge to perform the Part Load and Idle Speed measurement. All that one needs is an O2 sensor and a multimeter. Has anyone done this before? I would be setting up an MFI for a 2.2 1970 911E.

Thanks

Chris
Old 09-24-2020, 06:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)