View Single Post

Garage
I need a picture of the inner door skin of a '69 911 please!

Greetings to all,

The doors of my newly acquired 69E were mising the little arms that catch the peg on the rear pockets to keep them from opening too far. So I decided to install these arms and simultaneously spruce up my doors a bit (new aluminum trim on pockets, install bungee cord on rear pockets, clean up, etc).

Anyhow, I removed my door panel and I don't seem to see where the hole is for attaching the arm that catches the rear door pocket. I also recall from a prior experience of refurbishing door panels that the rear pocket has a bungee cord that goes from the pocket, through a hole in the door skin, along the inner door then out another hole, and back into the door pocket. This bungee cord provides the spring tension that pulls the pockets back shut.

Well lo & behold, on my door skin these 2 holes for the bungee cord aren't jumping out at me. I don't feel like taking apart the door panel on my RS to see whether or not I'm simply losing my mind here.

So does anybody out there have a picture of the inner door skin with the panel removed that shows the attachment of the pocket retention arm, as well as the two holes for the bungee fastener. Maybe some helpful arrows to point the way!

Hope this all makes sense. Thanks to all who have waded through this lengthy post!

If somebody needs to email me a pic, my address is wolfturbo@aol.com. Thanks to all!
1973 Carrera RS #1334
1970 911S sunroof coupe
'99 MBZ E55
1999, 2001 & 2003 daughters!
Old 01-04-2004, 08:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)