View Single Post
Too big to fail

Garage
Send a message via AIM to widebody911 Send a message via Yahoo to widebody911
Increasing the size of your hose...

I finished the re-plumbing of my front cooler with AN-16 this weekend, an upgrade from -12. Here's a few notes:
  • AN-16 bits are a lot more expensive than AN-12 (duh). The hose and fittings ran about $450
  • When you walk into a parts house and ask for AN-16 fittings, be prepared for wide-eyed stares and empty shelves. I had to run all over town and the 'net to find the bits I needed.
  • Get all of the bits together before you start; don't assume you can run out and get something right when you need it.
  • The smallest aperture in the system is now the factory fitting on the Carrera cooler. I was going to take a picture of this fitting to compare to the one Chuck makes and the AN-16 fittings, but I plain forgot.

I have no data as to how much better the cooler will work with AN-16 vs AN-12. We'll see when we get there.

Various VWs
Old 01-05-2004, 08:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)